Sunday, January 30, 2011

November and the Leaves!

So, one of the things I love most about where I’ve chosen to go to school is the seasons. Real seasons. I never really grasped the concept of why “Autumn” was also called “Fall” until I came up here and the leaves actually “fall” off of the trees. But not before they turn beautiful shades of reds, browns, oranges, yellows, and create this amazing collage of everything that this in-between season embodies.
The jackets have come out of hiding, and the wool coats are abundant. Knit beanies and hand woven scarves, caps, and sweaters are all around. And I must be in denial again, for I keep making the mistake of seeing blue skies and thinking it means warmth. Nope. Blue skies are just the canvas behind the colors of fall and the blustery gusts of wind, and then finally, the gray comes and wipes away the blue. But it’s not gloomy. I actually love it. I get rather studious, and after the craziness of midterms (after which all I want to do is curl up in bed and wait until next semester) I need the extra boost of “Well I can’t go outside, because it’s cold, wet, and torrential, so I’ll just stay in and study.” The fact that there is a boy with whom I can cuddle after (and only after) we finish our homework for the day is another motivator to get my work done.
Well, not much has happened lately; not unless you count surviving midterm season, solidifying my Thanksgiving plans for Oregon with the boy and the fam… which are both awesome things. I guess the other things would be succumbing to the daunting task of making something FBO (or FaceBook Official for those of us with lives), signing up for my Junior year spring semester classes (Rhetorical Theory, Family Communication, Developmental Psychology: prenatal to childhood, and a Science, Technology, and Society class), and calling home every day to gush about how great things are this year.
I feel like the only times I ever update my blog are when I’m supposed to be doing homework… well off I go… decoding the mysteries of Spanish poetry.
Sincerely,
Fall-Girl in Like

No comments:

Post a Comment